Saturday, June 28, 2014

Time Keeps on Ticking, Ticking, Ticking

Whats in a schedule? Well literally months, days, and hours, but metaphorically our influence, our legacy. Schedules are the sum and evidence of all we value. Time and again our schedule tell a story of the things we believe and directly affects how and where we show up in life. A very good friend an inspiration to me challenged me recently to document everything I spent time doing. The harsh reality of my life was spent surviving a workweek at a safe job. Now if you know where I work you understand the potential in working there, the opportunity it presents, and the immeasurable benefits for those looking for a solid company to build a life around.

Now as a self proclaimed work-a-holic i believe in order for work to serve you well you have to have a bit of a romance with it. If the main way you show up in your life is slowly killing you, what are you offering your loved ones? your community? the world? Leftovers. You're offering the sad remains of what once was a beautiful expression of nourishment, vitality, and life.

So,  we've come to the conclusion we don't want our only offering to be leftovers, but now what? Its time to get brutally honest with yourself. Find out where you spend your time. Really scrutinize how you are spending the one asset you cannot buy back. If you have a spouse, partner or family look at your part and the whole of your time here. I have made a list of questions to ask yourself after you've compiled the data on your life.


What values are in place in my life?

Does your time run you, or do you run your time?

Do I reflect with my time my dreams, goals, and desires?

What are my time wasters?

What are my greatest time accomplishments?

If I could invest 15 minutes a day toward a dream, what would that look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment