Saturday, June 21, 2014

Tenacity Is The Backbone



I was born an incredibly stubborn little girl with as much loud-mouthed passion as anyone can imagine in that little of a body. Many times I've been offered the opportunity to give up. I say opportunity because there is always a choice! We do not live a one track course, but a many splendid journey woven together daily. Even when they would say, the cards were stacked against me; I never stayed in the place where everything is lost. Everything is lost only when we cease trying. Sometimes this battle is hard won and vicious and others are like a light has illuminated this gentle path through a quiet city.

It used to be I didn't make the drastic or really difficult decisions until I was completely backed into a corner. I chose by not choosing, Now I go into transitions in my life with my eyes wide open. I've learned to trust in the process as one of growth and promise. One of the amazing lessons I've learned to get me out of a funk in my brain has been to create solutions. This allows that same tenacity that used to cause me to come out swinging to really push me to question what I'm holding onto and why! Never doubt, I am still as fiercely loyal and if there is an option I will choose people over processes. Many times I've been placed where even though I had specific instructions from the Lord to a certain outcome; I was called to stand alone in agreement with what He called me to before others could see it. More than once my God-given tenacity has enabled me to stay true to course even under intense pressure to cave into status quo. 

Why am I here? Does this have meaning? Questions everyone faces no matter how healthy their view of themselves and their surroundings. As I'm making my journey to a new town and going through the interview process I am reminded of my foundation in 5 important things. This is the premise that all things in your life fit into 5 categories and anything outside of those 5 areas really lower your impact, focus, and quality of life. If you were standing at the lamppost of your life what direction would you go?


* photos used by permission of Reflections of Revelation and are for purchase at squareup.com/market/reflections-of-revelation

No comments:

Post a Comment